Background to Spacefinish
Spacefinish is an innovative, out of the box thinking full-service Design firm, that vaunts of enhancing the quality of human experience through groundbreaking designs in workspaces.
Although only just stepping into the tech space [design Industry], Spacefinish boasts of working with some of the world’s most prestigious firms, such as Google, PWC, etc.. delivering the most cutting-edge dynamic workspaces.
In order to achieve our vision, we are looking for a Junior Accountant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition. This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish long term success.
We are looking for a Junior Accountant to:
- Manage account receivable process involving creating, issuing and following up on client invoices.
- Manage account payable cycles in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist with payroll management.
- Assist with expense tracking and also reporting accurately on a timely basis.
- Posting and managing journal entries to ensure all transactions are recorded timely and accurately.
- Post and update financial data in accounting systems to ensure accurate and timely reporting of information.
- Proper filing, organizing, and documentation of financial and other relevant documents.
- Assist in the preparation and reporting of financial statements such as a statement of financial position, statement of profit or loss in compliance with accounting and legal framework.
- Assist senior accountants in handling taxes (VAT, WHT, CIT,et.c) and other statutory requirements.
- Assist senior accountants in the monthly and yearly closing involving financial reporting and audit processes and other requirements.
- Assist other departments such as HR, Marketing, and Admin with reviewing of expenses
- BSc in accounting, finance or related field from an accredited university.
- Qualifications(ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is a plus but not required
- Prioritizes confidentiality
- 2-3 years of proven experience as a junior accountant
- Great organizational skill
- Great attention to detail
- Great numerical skill and highly analytical
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Data entry skill
- Great understanding of generally accepted accounting standards(GAAPS), International financial reporting standards(IFRS) and other relevant accounting principles and tax laws.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and Quickbooks
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of cutting-edge the Design and Architecture Industry
- Complete autonomy and leadership
- Commuter benefits/ Business uber account for work-related trips
- Laid back work environment, conveniently located in the heart of Victoria Island
- Become part of a dynamic team of fun, young professionals
- World-class office space, providing a comfortable and stimulating work environment
- Training opportunity
- Company phone and laptop
Our CEO profile
Remi Dada is the founder and CEO of Spacefinish. Before starting Spacefinish he worked at Google as Product Marketing lead for Sub-Sahara Africa, where he worked closely with engineering teams to develop new products for the region and grow usage of existing ones such as Search, YouTube, and Android. He is now on a new mission, leading a new and exciting startup, Spacefinish to bring modern office spaces to Africa, using designs that increase innovation, productivity, and collaboration for both start-ups and established companies.