Our mission at Spacefinish is to improve lives. Since we spend 80% of our adult life in the office, Spacefinish has the vision to transform offices across the world into agile workspaces that inspire innovation, creativity, and productivity. The workspace has been marginalized with little attention given to the environments in which employees work. At Spacefinish we believe we can create better work environments that improve our client’s business and way of life. By taking a human-centered approach to design we are able to prioritize research and insight gathering into how employees work, play, and collaborate, thereby allowing us to turn those insights into innovative solutions that help our clients achieve higher levels of excellence in their respective fields.
Learn more about Spacefinish at www.spacefinish.com
Who are we looking for?
Spacefinish is in search of a Lead Designer who will tackle complex design challenges and create solutions that are beautiful, inspiring and intuitive for people in the workspace. This job is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to step outside of their comfort zone and take on a role that assumes a huge amount of leadership and creative freedom. As a Lead Designer, you will be involved in the projects from start to finish, working with one of the most prestigious client/brand in the world.
As part of your responsibility you will:
- Plan, design, and review detailed architectural drawings and schedules.
- Engage and manage clients at different levels, from junior project managers to executives.
- Lead research initiatives to surface insights around clients challenges and design solutions to address such challenges.
- Coordinate site activities to ensure the design is executed according to specification, quality, budget, and timeline.
- Manage external vendors to deliver tasks within agreed project scope.
- Manage junior design team to accomplish design deliverables within project scope, quality, and timeline.
- Develop conceptual solutions that are both innovative and executable.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors, and digital marketers.
- Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts.
Qualifications needed for the role are:
- 8+ years practical experience in commercial architectural design with relevant experience in interior architecture and furniture design.
- At least five years Building Information Modelling (BIM) experience
- Experience in leading clients and teams through the design process.
- Experience as lead architect on fit-out projects of budgets +$350,000
- Ability to translate user needs, technical realities, brand attributes, and business needs into compelling design solutions.
- Creative mind, detailed oriented with excellent design and communication skills.
- BArch / MArch degree required.
- Highly resourceful problem solver and a quick learner.
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong visualization skills: from quick concept sketching to complete presentation sketches, 3D CAD modeling, Revit, SketchUp, Google Apps (docs, spreadsheet, slides)