Who are we looking for?
Spacefinish is in search of a Junior Designer who will tackle complex design challenges and create solutions that are beautiful, inspiring and intuitive for people in the workspace. This job is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to step outside of their comfort zone and take on a role that assumes a huge amount of leadership and creative freedom. As a Junior Designer, you will be involved in multiple projects from start to finish, working with some of the most prestigious client/brand names in the world.
Once you come on board you will:
- Get exposure to and involvement with all aspects of the design process: user research, brainstorm, concept development, prototyping, documentation, and design stewardship.
- Go out in the field and build empathy with clients through research activities like observing how people use their workspace and the various limitations hindering collaboration, productivity, and innovation amongst team members.
- Become part of a work culture that lets you both learn and teach while working with a group of people outside of your immediate area of expertise.
- Support and mentor junior designers across the company.
As part of your responsibility you will:
- Plan, design, and review detailed architectural drawings and schedules.
- Engage clients at different levels, from junior project managers to vendors.
- Lead research initiatives to surface insights into understanding the core needs of clients and creating solutions to address such needs.
- Manage external vendors to deliver tasks within agreed project scope.
- Contribute to the design team to accomplish design deliverables within project scope, quality, and timeline.
- Develop conceptual solutions that are both innovative and executable.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors, and digital marketers.
Qualifications needed for the role are:
- 1-3 years of practical experience in commercial architectural design with relevant experience in interior architecture and furniture design.
- Ability to translate user needs, technical realities, brand attributes, and business needs into compelling design solutions.
- Creative mind, detailed oriented with excellent design and communication skills.
- BArch / MArch degree required.
- Highly resourceful problem solver and a quick learner.
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong visualization skills: from quick concept sketching to complete presentation sketches, 3D CAD modeling, Revit, SketchUp, Google Apps (docs, spreadsheet, slides)