Background to Spacefinish
Spacefinish is an innovative and out of the box thinking full-service Design firm, that vaunts of enhancing the quality of human experience through groundbreaking designs in workspaces.
Although only just stepping into in the tech space [design Industry], Spacefinish boasts of working with some of the world’s most prestigious firms, such as Google, PWC, etc., delivering the most cutting-edge dynamic workspaces.
At Spacefinish we understand that at least 80% of the time is spent in the office and as such, have devoted our skills and talents in conceptualizing work environments that break the mold of standardized workspaces.
In order to achieve our vision, we have invested in top talent and leading-edge technology to produce a well-oiled machine of collaborative work, despite a project’s level of complexity.
Spacefinishes houses some of the most talented and creative designers and we are looking for a People Operations Manager to bring it all together.
We are looking for a People Operations Manager to:
- Design and implement strategic human resource programs and policies for staff to ensure talent alignment with the Company’s mission and goals.
- Serves as a strategic thought partner to enable high performing and productive talent. Collaborate with the unit and divisional leadership on organizational strategy, talent acquisition, learning and development, performance management, compensation, benefits, and employee and labor relations.
- Serves as a generalist and strategic consultant to all units in the company, driving talent processes for both short and long-term goals.
- Oversee the full life cycle of employees (from onboarding through and including offboarding)
Job Tasks & Activities
- Develop an annual workforce plan that clearly specifies the quantity and quality of people needed in the company.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters
Recruitment and Selection
- Develop and implement a simple, practical and cost-effective recruitment process that is aligned to the peculiarities of the different jobs within the company.
- Grow a pool of potential candidates for key Job roles.
Employee Performance Management (EPM)
- Improve and drive the implementation of the existing EPM.
- The EPM should be linked to the company goals and objectives, focused on employee development through coaching and mentoring and linked with commensurate performance rewards.
Learning and Development
- In conjunction with the Management of the company, identify and implement learning initiatives that are targeted at closing performance gaps and building capabilities that are critical to the company’s current and future performance.
Compensation & Benefits
- Analyze, amend and modify compensation, benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Provide management with implementable improvement recommendations.
Employee Relations & Conflict Resolution
- Some understanding of Employment & Labour law, including PTO Laws, Maternity Leave, etc.
- Go between management and employees helping to resolve work-related problems
- Identify areas of indiscipline within the company.
- Develop and implement HR policies to curtail indiscipline.
- Represent the organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations
Employee Life Cycle
- Effectively manage employee exit process in the company.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, referring disputes, firing employees and administering disciplinary procedures
- Carry out surveys periodically to measure employee satisfaction.
- Develop initiatives to increase employee satisfaction, teamwork and employee commitment to the achievement of the goals and objectives of the company.
- Manage all necessary administrative duties in the office (work tools, conducive working environment, etc.)
- Adhere to International standards to Best Practice
- Prior experience conducting internal audits and monitoring internal controls.
- Manage all junior admin role Facilitate Office Management
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management or other related fields
- 4-5 years of People Operations experience
- At least 2 years of working in a Start-Up company
- Must operate well with strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload is critical
- Must have at least 3 years operating as an HR consultant in a fast-changing environment
- Recruiting skillset (sourcing, screening, interviewing, and onboarding)
- Excellent communicative skills (both verbal and written)
- High motivation, a desire to win, and a desire to work for a winning organization
- Adaptable to change in a fast-growing company
- Must be self-disciplined, have great time management skills and ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong proficiency in:
- MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Google Slides
- Google docs
- Google suits
*** Bonus Points***
- The technical know-how of various HRIS Software applications such as HR Breezy
- Flexible, start-up mindset. Should be able to handle a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about people development and the overall mission and vision on the Company
- Certifications such as SHRM-CP, SPHR, or PHR are a strong plus.
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of cutting-edge in the Design Industry
- Complete autonomy and leadership
- Working with a fun, young team of professionals
- Commuter benefits/ Business uber account
Our CEO profile
Remi Dada is the founder and CEO of Spacefinish. Before starting Spacefinish he worked at Google as Product Marketing lead for Sub-Sahara Africa, where he worked closely with engineering teams to develop new products for the region and grow usage of existing ones such as Search, YouTube, and Android. He is now on a new mission, leading a new and exciting startup, Spacefinish to bring modern office spaces to Africa, using designs that increase innovation, productivity, and collaboration for both start-ups and established companies.