Background to Spacefinish
Spacefinish is an innovative full-service Design firm, that vaunts of enhancing the quality of human experience through groundbreaking designs in workspaces.
Although only just stepping into the tech space [design Industry], Spacefinish boasts of working with some of the world’s most prestigious firms, such as Google, PWC, etc., delivering the most cutting-edge dynamic workspaces.
At Spacefinish we understand that at least 80% of the time is spent in the office and as such, have devoted our skills and talents in conceptualizing work environments that break the mold of standardized workspaces.
In order to achieve our vision, we are looking for a Technical Drafter who is self-motivated and can work alongside our team of Architects.
Once you come on board you will:
- Get exposure to and involvement with all aspects of the design process: user research, brainstorm, concept development, prototyping, documentation, and design stewardship.
- Go out in the field and build empathy with clients through research activities like observing how people use their workspace and the various limitations hindering collaboration, productivity, and innovation amongst team members.
- Become part of a work culture that lets you both learn and teach while working with a group of people outside of your immediate area of expertise.
- Support and mentor junior designers across the company.
Role and responsibility
- Following specifications and calculations to create various technical drawings.
- Preparing both rough sketches and detailed work with CADD systems.
- Performing calculations for materials and weight limitations.
- Communicating with architects, and incorporating knowledge gained into drawings.
- Preparing, reviewing and redrafting alongside the design team.
- Ensuring final designs are compliant with building regulations.
- Identifying and communicating potential design problems for the rest of the team.
- Liaise with architects to gather product and structural requirements and designs
- Calculate dimensions, weight limitations, and requirements in materials
- Describe production methods step-by-step (including equipment and software types to be used)
- Design diagrams, maps, and layouts to illustrate the workflow
- Identify potential operational issues and redesign products to improve functionality
- Create manuals that describe existing products’ operation, features and maintenance
Qualifications needed for the role are:
- 1-3 years of practical experience in commercial architectural design with relevant experience in interior architecture and furniture design.
- Ability to translate user needs, technical realities, brand attributes, and business needs into compelling design solutions.
- Creative mind, detail-oriented with excellent design and communication skills.
- BSc in Engineering / Architecture or degree from a technical college
- Highly resourceful problem solver and a quick learner.
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong visualization skills: from quick concept sketching to complete presentation sketches, 3D CAD modeling, Revit, SketchUp, Google Apps (docs, spreadsheet, slides)
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of cutting-edge the Design and Architecture Industry
- Complete autonomy and leadership
- Commuter benefits/ Business uber account for work-related trips
- Laidback work environment, conveniently located in the heart of Victoria Island
- Become part of a dynamic team of fun, young professionals
- World-class office space, providing a comfortable and stimulating work environment
- Training opportunity
- Company phone and laptop
Our CEO profile
Remi Dada is the founder and CEO of Spacefinish. Before starting Spacefinish he worked at Google as Product Marketing lead for Sub-Sahara Africa, where he worked closely with engineering teams to develop new products for the region and grow usage of existing ones such as Search, YouTube, and Android. He is now on a new mission, leading a new and exciting startup, Spacefinish to bring modern office spaces to Africa, using designs that increase innovation, productivity, and collaboration for both start-ups and established companies.